The Most Important Marketing Strategy Ever
What is the most important or most effective marketing strategy of all times? I don’t know that there is just one and obviously it depends on your business. However, what I do know that is this:
Marketing isn’t just something to do when you’re not busy…it requires a consistent and constant effort. So, make time every day to market. Plan it into your day. Have a recurring appointment (put it in your calendar!) where you meet with yourself or your team on a daily basis for 30 minutes to an hour to work on marketing. When you get to that appointment, don’t check your email, send the phones to voicemail, and focus. If you get to that appointment and don’t have a clue what to do, make a list of what you should be doing during that time. Here’s a general list to start:
- Update your website
- Update Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Write a Blog Post
- Plan ahead for posts, status updates, content creation, etc.
- Send a thank you note (To a bride, a vendor, a referral source, etc.)
- Work on your bridal show booth
- Work on your marketing material
- Do market research (check on your competition, learn more about your target market)
- Read a marketing publication, blog (like this one!), book, etc.
- Follow influential people on social media
- Dust off your marketing plan and remind yourself what’s in it
- Brainstorm promotions
- Evaluate pricing
- Create a sales letter
- Send email or mail piece to that list of leads you haven’t done anything with
- Identify upcoming networking opportunities
- Participate in forums or chat rooms
- Change your email signature
- Make a list of 5 or 10 key people you need to meet
- Figure out who you need to talk to or where you need to be to meet these folks
- Send a birthday card
- Brainstorm strategic partnership opportunities
- Brainstorm new product/service offerings
What other things would you add to the list?